Thursday, August 22, 2013

Loss

I was saddened to hear of the untimely passing of my friend and fellow illustrator Wilson Williams Jr. Not only was he talented, he was a champion for other fellow illustrators. We first became friends on the SCBWI forums, sharing our experiences and gripes about this business. Wilson was a co-creator of the site Once Upon a Sketch, a tremendous resource for other children's book illustrators. When he asked me to contribute to his site, I couldn't have been more honored. He worked tirelessly to promote children's illustration, always thinking of others before himself. Fitting that in our last conversation, I had just returned from my conference and he wanted to know how it went. That was the kind of guy Wilson was. A gentle soul, a kind heart, a talent, and a true friend. He will be missed tremendously. 

Donald


No comments:

Post a Comment